Meeting Say Anything......

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
jamilah.is.alive
Re: Meeting Say Anything......

Post by jamilah.is.alive » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:01 am

I'm super stoked that they're playing SOMA here in San Diego tomorrow because I know that venue like the back of my hand. I've worked merch there on multiple occasions for local bands and the stage manager there knows who I am and is totally chill when I head to the back back of the venue where the vans and buses usually are. Plus I know where all the back stage doors are and stuff so I know where to chill to spot the people that play there. I guess I got lucky. lol

I just hope Max comes out tomorrow night because I have this tattoo idea that I really wanna do but I need him! haha
"you're what keeps me believing the world's not gone dead." [02.25.10]

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:14 am

What's the tattoo? He going to sign your body and you're gonna tattoo it? ahaah
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

jamilah.is.alive

Post by jamilah.is.alive » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:24 am

I want him to write out "Alive" for me so i can get that tattooed on me.
I figured Alive would be the perfect word because
1. alive with the glory of love.
and 2. when i first started listening to SA i was going through some really tough times and listening to them
has seriously saved my life. so without going into detail too much, i am "alive" because of them (:

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:26 am

No details needed. Very cute! I hope you can meet him, follow the "meet him" tips I posted earlier in this thread and I'm sure you'll have a great chance of it soma or not.

And how lucky to get to go to the venue Blink got their start in...
Self-inflicted or not, I find myself on the farthest star, foreign to everything like I woke up with a German tongue.

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:26 am

jamilah.is.alive wrote:I want him to write out "Alive" for me so i can get that tattooed on me.
I figured Alive would be the perfect word because
1. alive with the glory of love.
and 2. when i first started listening to SA i was going through some really tough times and listening to them
has seriously saved my life. so without going into detail too much, i am "alive" because of them (:
That's actually a really great tattoo idea! Gotta get a picture of it for us if it all pans out.
Norgan is a real boy!

ratpoison

Post by ratpoison » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:01 am

The show I saw that was too short was at the Avalon here in LA a couple years ago. It was on a Thurs. night where Avalon hosts Tigerheat, a big gay night they have, so I walked out and there was a line of gay kids around the block and I was like WHAT!? They had to cut short so all these little gays could get their party on!?!? It was dumb.

jamilah.is.alive

Post by jamilah.is.alive » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:05 am

Scott: SOMA is a really crappy, hole in the wall venue though. (there are literally holes in the walls. one of which is called the glory hole.)
the bathrooms have no doors on the stalls and the toilet paper inserts are missing on the divider walls in the bathroom so you can see into other stalls. the sinks rarely work, there's roaches, the stages creak, the floors are disgusting and the walls are peeling.

but i have seen some pretty amazing shows there. although they are booking less amazing bands nowadays. i was shocked to see
that they were playing SOMA instead of HOB like they have the last few times they've come. The first time I ever saw SA was at SOMA
actually. :]

and Norgan, i will! do not fret (:

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:51 pm

ratpoison wrote:The show I saw that was too short was at the Avalon here in LA a couple years ago. It was on a Thurs. night where Avalon hosts Tigerheat, a big gay night they have, so I walked out and there was a line of gay kids around the block and I was like WHAT!? They had to cut short so all these little gays could get their party on!?!? It was dumb.
Ahahahah that is pretty funny actually. I've never heard of something like this happening. I've seen shows cut short from curfews and from rain (outdoor shows) or delays.. but not an angry gay crowd!

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:49 pm

ratpoison wrote:They had to cut short so all these little gays could get their party on!?!? It was dumb.
Yeah, that's pretty... gay...
Norgan is a real boy!

Scott
Legend

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:09 pm

jamilah.is.alive wrote:Scott: SOMA is a really crappy, hole in the wall venue though. (there are literally holes in the walls. one of which is called the glory hole.)
the bathrooms have no doors on the stalls and the toilet paper inserts are missing on the divider walls in the bathroom so you can see into other stalls. the sinks rarely work, there's roaches, the stages creak, the floors are disgusting and the walls are peeling.
That's slightly depressing. Although alot of the venue's here are gross they are not that bad. Actually come to think of it, most of the venue's around this area are pretty nice overall. Besides a few.. Even where I've been in Philly and NY have been overall doable. The worst one we have is a tie between Ottobar and Fletcher's in terms of cleanliness.