Say Anything / Motion City Tour Discussion

A place to discuss with fellow fans Say Anything and anything else!
transylvanian
Re: Say Anything / Motion City Tour Discussion

Post by transylvanian » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:09 pm

They played Skulls by the Misfits and opened with Futile.
Jealous I wasn't there lol
Hope the Futile continues to be played
Love, it will not betray you, dismay or enslave you.
It will set you free. Be more like the man you were made to be.
There is a design, an alignment, a cry of my heart to see
the beauty of love as it was meant to be.
Mumford & Sons

MountainMan

Post by MountainMan » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:33 am

oh shii the futile!

CMONCMONCMONCMONCMON

BatarangMoses

Post by BatarangMoses » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:52 am

It's finnaly my turn! I'm so excited!!

mjjcap

Post by mjjcap » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:02 am

My turn today. :-)
"Let me tell you about the love I have, cause its growing by the moment & I'd murder you to hold his hand. See I don't even know this boy, but I want him so bad. Oh so bad..."

eatsleepfuckflee

Post by eatsleepfuckflee » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:32 pm

So, I went to the November 1st show in Cincinnati and it was the greatest show i've ever been to in my life.
The only time i've ever seen Say Anything other than this was recently when they were with AVA and that just pissed me off because all the AVA fans were heckling SA, calling max fat and gay. (My girlfriend kneed one of them in the testacles as we were leaving after SA's set. ;D)

But, I got a Motion City pick (would've prefered SA ovbiously, but I was still excited because it's the first thing I've ever gotten from a band.) The highlight of my night was when my friend and I decided to throw our belts on stage during Belt at the line, "And we took off our clothes." A rhoadie instantly took my friend's off stage, but didn't see mine apparently. Max picked it up after the song and said something along the lines of, "Someone threw their purple hobo belt on stage." (It was a belt to a robe because I don't like normal belts...) He threw it into the crowd and apparently people fought and punched over it. I was stoked.

My friend got to meet Max. Stood a good distance away from his trailer with a few SA fans we met and saw him come out. He got an autograph (in green crayon which makes it even better) and a picture of him shaking Max's hand. I was pissed because as this went on, I was down the road taking a piss and getting pizza. |:<

All in all though, it was one of the greatest nights in my life. Definitely in the top three. Colorblind rocks and I definitely hope they play more Baseball every tour.
GUITAR, GUITAR, GO!

cvankeeken

Post by cvankeeken » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:47 pm

I'm at the concert in toronto RIGHT NOW!!! It's AMAZING and I really wish my phone had a caps lock! Say Anything goes on next and as it turns out I like Motion City Soundtrack more than I expected! Yay for smartphones! Love you all! :)
I have a strange infirmity, which is nothing to those that know me.

Norgan
Site Admin

Post by Norgan » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:32 pm

=D Give the band a "OMGFSCKYEAH!" for me!
Norgan is a real boy!

cvankeeken

Post by cvankeeken » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:36 am

Okay, first of all, my life has been made/changed. A Great Big Pile of Leave was really good! Saves the Day played a lot of new stuff and I didn't know any of it. The play "At Your Funeral" very last, which made me happy. Motion City Soundtrack was really good too, the lead singer is a great performer. I am going to have to check them out.... Then SAY ANYTHING! Max was SO appreciative, thanking us in between almost every song. He was all over the place on stage and he even half stage dived! Dove? Whatever. Also, it was like cute boy o'clock although it was hard to tell who was underage and who wasn't. I brought a present to give to Jeff but I couldn't find him and when I asked the guy at the merch booth he said he had barely seen him. Oh well, Jeff's loss! I got the broken hear t shirt with the pay phone off the hook which is from the movie Say Anything. It's like my two favourite things combined! Honestly a freaking AMAZING show. I danced SO HARD it was very cathartic. People kept starting to start a mosh pit but they would always get shut down by people who just wanted to dance. A bunch of people were crowd surfing and EVERYONE knew the words to colourblind which made me SO PROUD to be Canadian! We love our Say Anything! And yes, I spelled that with a "u", sue me!

Set List:
Crush'd
Little Girls
Woe
Baby Girl, I'm a Blur
Less Cute
Yellow Cat/Red Cat
Alive with the Glory of Love
Crawl
Wow, I Can Get Sexual Too
Spay Me
Colorblind
Do Better
Belt
The Futile
Admit It

Then I almost passed out and my friend had to drag me to the bar to get me water and I couldn't see anything.... IT WAS AWESOME!!!
Attachments
SA5.jpg
Max and his Fans
SA5.jpg (37.19KiB)Viewed 31189 times
SA3.jpg
"I only talk about myself so I don't mind that he's a bore"
SA3.jpg (88.29KiB)Viewed 31190 times
SA2.jpg
Audience Participation
SA2.jpg (98.83KiB)Viewed 31190 times
Last edited by cvankeeken on Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mjjcap

Post by mjjcap » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:05 pm

I'm pretty sure they didn't play anything after Admit It....
"Let me tell you about the love I have, cause its growing by the moment & I'd murder you to hold his hand. See I don't even know this boy, but I want him so bad. Oh so bad..."

cvankeeken

Post by cvankeeken » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:34 pm

That would also makes sense... As I said, I was seeing spots... and not really paying attention... Danced a little too hard.